Thursday, June 25, 2009

Well, well, well....

The unexpected happened today! Without getting graphic on you....I was at work today and was questioning whether or not my water had broken around 11am or so. I waited a little bit longer and questioned it again. I called the doctors office and they told me to come in at 1. My strep test that they do came out positive, which means if my water breaks I have to get on IV antibiotics sooner rather than later. So that was my main concern. So I go to the doctors and waiting was torture-of course today of all days they make me wait 20min in the waiting room. Luckily once in the exam room I didn't wait long! I didn't see my doctor, but one of the others in the practice. He examined me and did a few tests and told me that my amniotic fluid was in fact leaking a slow leak. Of course I'm still not dilated at all but the water was definitely leaking. So they are admitting me in the hospital tonight! I have to call around 6pm to get my time to report and as of now they'll basically be inducing me since I'm not dilated at all. I was hoping that wouldn't have to happen, but there's nothing I can really do about it.

So I came home after my appointment and have been ready to climb the walls! I think sitting here is torture! I wish I could nap since who knows when I'll sleep again-but how are you supposed to sleep when you're having a baby in the next few hours or days?! So I've been pacing around thinking I have something to do...but I really don't. I'm pretty much packed and have been for a few weeks. I have a few little things to pack up, but nothing major. I'll probably shower and eat something but other than that, nothing. So I'm sitting here trying to kill time because I'm starting to get nervous, anxious, excited, etc. It's just insane to me to think that I'm going to be a MOM in a very short time and that I'm going to have a daughter/son soon! YIKES!!!

2 comments:

Kelly :) said...

Good luck! Good labor vibes to you and your little one! :)

Unknown said...

I am sorry that you have to be induced BUT how exciting to know that your LO is going to be here in a matter of days!! Good Luck!