Monday, August 10, 2009

Apple Crisp

Yesterday I had my little sorority gathering and we had to bring a dish to pass. I'm always looking to make desserts, so this was another chance for me to bake! Believe it or not, I used a recipe that I made back in middle school home economics class! We saved some recipes from then because they were really good and I haven't made this one in a long, long time so I decided to do it!

Apple Crisp
4-6 Medium apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup butter
dash salt

In a bowl, combine dry ingredients. Cut in butter using two knives until mixture is crumbly. Place sliced apples in an 8x8" pan (I used mixed fruit this time-apples, cherries and nectarines).

Top apples with crumbly mixture. Bake at 350 for 40-45min or until topping is golden brown. Serve warmed and, if desired, with whipped cream or ice cream.

No comments: