Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fruit Pizza

For our 4th of July get together yesterday, I volunteered to make a dessert. I've seen this done before and found numerous recipes online that were all so different for it. I ended up just doing what I felt like with it and I think it turned out quite yummy!

Fruit Pizza
1 pkg refrigerated cookie dough (I used Pillsbury)
8oz cream cheese, softened (I used fat free)
8oz cool whip (I used fat free)
1/4 cup sugar (give or take)
fruit for garnish (I used strawberries and blueberries to be patriotic but anything would work)

1. Spread cookie dough out on 12" round pan. Bake as directed. Let cool.
2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, cool whip and sugar until smooth. Spread over cooled cookie dough.
3. Garnish with fruit and chill until served.

Notes: I baked mine longer than the package said. I think my oven cooks slower than a typical oven, but I honestly don't remember how long I baked it for. I just kept an eye on it and took it out when I thought it was done. Next time I might grease the pan before spreading out the dough as it was a bit hard to remove from the pan. The cream cheese mixture was great-I'm not a huge cream cheese fan which is why I added in some sugar. I tasted some without and it was too tart for me, but some people might like it that way.



Overall this was very good and a refreshing dessert for a hot summer day. I'll definitely make it again!


No comments: