Saturday, July 2, 2011

Proud Mama!

Yesterday Avery had her 2yr checkup at the doctors.

I thought I was going to be in for it when we pulled into the parking lot and she started to cry.

From the car to the office I had to carry her and even when we got inside she would not let me put her down.

We got into the room and she got weighed (on the big girl scale this time!) and her length measured (which she HATED). She's now 34.75" tall (75th percentile) and 23lb 5oz (10th percentile). Still tall and skinny!

Gabe showed up while we waited for the doctor, which was longer than normal.

I was pleasantly surprised that when the doctor came in, she was totally fine. He did his entire exam and she didn't fuss once! I asked him about Avery's whacky sleep and he didn't seem concerned at all. He said as long as I'm giving her an opportunity to nap, that's good. Whether she naps or not is up to her so the days she needs it, she'll sleep and the days she doesn't, she goes to bed earlier. He basically said there's not much we can really do other than give her the chance to sleep.

After he left, the nurse came in to do a lead test (finger prick). She really played it up telling Avery "I have to take a look at your finger and get out a nice bandaid for you". First they washed hands, then Avery stuck out her finger proudly to show it to her! She stuck her finger and Avery didn't even flinch! Then Avery looked at the nurse and said "bandaid?" She was more excited about the bandaid than anything-it was too funny!

She did get one shot because we were off schedule somehow. She did shed a few tears for that, but it was very minimal.

Gabe and I were both very surprised at how well she was-we were so proud of her!! I even treated her to McDonald's on the way home for a special treat!!

No comments: