Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day

Oh how I love 3 day weekends! I swear, every weekend should be 3 days and not 2. Whomever decided the work week was 5 days on and 2 off is an idiot! That one extra day just makes such a difference!

So this has been the weekend of projects-starting Friday with our front yard. Yesterday we started sanding and staining a door that we removed from our entryway awhile ago. We made a trip to home depot to get all of the supplies then sanded and did two coats of stain yesterday with a trip to The Old Toad in between for dinner. This morning we got up and did one coat of stain on the other side. We have one more coat to do today then we have to seal it with polyurethane in the next few days. So far it looks great! We picked out a cherry colored stain which looks awesome on it! I can't wait to see it all finished!

My other project was downloading 2 CD's full of wedding pics to my computer, then putting them on kodak's site-then editing them and deleting the ones I didn't want to order. This ended up being a bigger project than I expected....but after a few hours, I whittled it down to 550 photos to order! Thanks to their print sale going on, it only cost me about $60. So glad that's over with! I'm anticipating a few other CD's from people so that will be more pictures to download and edit, but at least we have a bunch! Here are a few good ones I worked on this weekend....

Me and some of my girls:
The head table set up:
Gabe and I:Our signature mat photo frame:

Our beautiful wedding cake:

Those are just a few of the hundreds I went through! Of course if you want to see our pro pics, you can go here, click on "weddings" then "online weddings" then look for us-Gabe and Nicole from 7/19.

Back to work tomorrow....ugh!

No comments: