Once again I'm making a recipe I found over at Heather Drive. This sounded good when I read her blog so I decided to give it a try. It turned out pretty tasty I think. We omitted the raisins, but maybe I would try it with them next time to see what it's like.
Chicken & Apple Couscous
(Source: All About Apples)
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken (we used approximately 1.3 lb. which was a little over 2 cups)
- 2 cups dry couscous
- 2 1/2 cups boiling chicken stock (I used chicken broth instead)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (we omitted)
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter cut in small pieces
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander seeds
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a 9 x 13 x 2 inch glass baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.