Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back in the Habit

Wow, September 1st...can you believe it? Where did the (lack of) summer go?

Not only is it the start of a new month, but it's the start of me getting back into my old habit-the gym. I was so good at working out throughout my pregnancy-I pretty much went about 3 times a week up until the last 2 weeks or so. Then I was just getting too out of breath and uncomfortable to go. Near the end, I looked into putting my membership on hold, knowing I'd be recovering a few weeks. I wasn't even sure if that was an option, but apparently it is! So, I put my membership on hold for the months of July and August. Luckily I did since I had the c-section and all of that. So today was the day my membership kicked back in and I actually went and took a Zumba class tonight. I felt pretty good getting back into it and it was so weird going and not being pregnant! Wow!! I could breathe and move like I used to so that was nice. It's crazy to think it's been almost 10 months since I had a regular (non-pregnant) workout. The hard part? Getting there. My problem with the gym is that I hate doing cardio. Don't ask why, but I do. I dread the days I go and walk the treadmill, do the elliptical, etc. But classes? LOVE them! I don't mind going at all for the classes. The problem now is that most classes I take start between 530-6. Fine and dandy when I could get home from work and go before Gabe got home. Now? Not possible with the bambino. I'll have to wait for him to get home from work to watch her before I can go, or go on the weekends....which is usually challenging when you have stuff going on. And the latest they have classes are 7pm and it's only on a few days and the classes at that time aren't the greatest (and seriously, who wants to workout that late?). So, we'll see how my gym habit works out-I know I should make it work, but it'll be a challenge!

No comments: