Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cake and Candy Trifle

Yesterday we went for our BBQ and I offered to bring dessert (of course!). I haven't made this in awhile, but it's super easy and super yummy! I think the recipe came from my cousin, and to be honest, it's not even really a recipe. I just know the ingredients and throw it together....yep, no measuring really needed!

Cake and Candy Trifle
1 box white cake mix plus ingredients to make cake
2 boxes instant chocolate pudding
4 cups milk
1 container cool whip (I used fat free)
chocolate candy of your choice (I usually use 2-typically peanut butter cups and Heath bar)

1. Bake cake according to box instructions. I usually do a 9x13 pan size. Let cake cool. Once cool, crumble cake into small pieces (I take a fork and almost "shred" the cake).
2. Beat together pudding mix and milk as directed on box to make pudding (not pie filling).
3. Chop up candy into small pieces, if needed.
4. In a large bowl (mine was a 4qt size), put half of the cake into the bottom of the bowl, top with half of the pudding, half of the cool whip and half of the candy. Repeat layers.
5. Keep refrigerated until serving.

Can you get any easier?
Make this! And make it now!!

No comments: