Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

So this was my first official Mother's Day! Last year on Mother's Day I was pregnant so I felt kind of funny celebrating even though I got many Mother's Day wishes. This year, of course I didn't feel funny celebrating! Well, maybe I did-it's still weird to think of myself as a Mom sometimes!

Anyways, the day didn't go exactly as I had envisioned....

Saturday night I started to not feel so great. By the time I went to bed my nose was really stuffed up. So bad that I really struggled to sleep. I think I got 5 hours of sleep! Avery was up at 6:45 on Mother's Day....Gabe got up with her and I stayed in bed until around 8:45 and I could not get back to sleep....so I was tired all day and feeling like crud. When I woke up, not only was I super congested, but my head was pounding. Not fun.

We went to the Hyatt again for brunch. My Mom and Aunt Pat drove in from Buffalo to join us. My niece ended up being sick so my brother-in-law didn't make it to brunch. It was just as nice as last year. The spread of food was pretty much the same except that they added a pasta station this year as well. Everyone enjoyed it and we were all nice and full when we left.
I actually remembered my camera and remembered to take photos for once! Haha!
Molly and Owen:

Molly, Owen, Gabe, and my in-laws:

My Mom and Avery:

Avery and I:

Happy girl:

Kisses from Mommy:

Three generations:

Avery and I again:

This was near the end of brunch when Avery was past her naptime and was deliriously tired:

Owen giving Avery a hug:

So when we got home, Avery was beyond tired. I put her down for a nap and she was so over tired that it took her an hour to fall asleep! So needless to say, she didn't wake up from her nap until 5pm! We had planned on taking her to the gym for a family swim, but that didn't happen since she napped so late. I ended up lying down and taking a quick siesta myself. So the rest of the evening we just spent relaxing and bumming around the house-which was fine since I was still under the weather.

Today after work I snapped a few pics of Avery playing with her balloon that she got at brunch yesterday-she loves it!

No comments: