Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Creamy Taco Mac


I got this recipe over from Heather Drive (like usual!). It looked easy, and I'm all about easy when it comes to dinner. So we gave it a try last night and it was really good! I'll add it to my list of keepers for sure!

Creamy Taco Mac
1 lb. ground beef
1 box of pasta (13-16oz)
1 diced onion
1 clove garlic-minced
1-2 cans of diced tomatoes, drained (use 2 cans if you like a lot-I used only 1)
4 oz cream cheese
3/4 cup sour cream
5-6 tbsp homemade taco seasoning (recipe below)
salt and pepper
shredded cheese

Taco Seasoning
1/2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp each-cumin, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, sugar
1/4 tsp salt

Directions:
1. Cook pasta according to directions on box, reserve 1/2 cup of the water.
2. While pasta is cooking, brown ground beef in a large skillet, adding onion before meat is cooked. When meat turns brown, add garlic.
3. Add tomatoes and taco seasoning. Simmer 5min.
4. Add pasta, cream cheese, sour cream, and water. Mix until well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Simmer 3-5 min to thicken sauce. Top with shredded cheese before serving.
(Notes: I used fat free cream cheese and lite sour cream. Instead of the homemade taco seasoning, I used a packet of taco seasoning I bought at the store. It ended up measuring out to be about 5-6tbsp like the recipe calls for. If you make the homemade one, you might need to make more than one batch of it. This will serve 4 people-Gabe and I each had a decent serving and we have enough left for another meal this week)

No comments: