Thursday, May 20, 2010

They're Out!

Today I mailed out Avery's birthday party invitations.

I can't believe I'm planning my baby girl's first birthday party! I know I say it time and time again, but this past year just seemed to fly by. I feel like we just brought her home from the hospital (well, not really....but you know what I mean) and here she is turning 1 in five weeks from now. It's just mind boggling!

I'm not going to get into any party details, but I've been thinking and coming up with some ideas for awhile now. The big reveal will be on the party day though! I think we have the menu all set and I have the cake picked out. I bought some supplies, but need to get more once I have a head count. It'll be a whirlwind the few weeks before the party, but that's just the way it goes.

I'm a mix of emotions about the whole thing-I'm excited for the party of course, but sort of sad that it marks the end of her being a baby. Every stage she goes through is so fun, but it's always a little depressing to see the previous stage come to an end. We try to cherish every day with her because she does change so much and time just goes too fast. Before we know it, she'll be graduating high school (YIKES!)....

No comments: