Sunday, May 2, 2010

Wicked

Last night, Gabe and I had a date night.

First we went to dinner at Lento. We have never been before so we decided to try it. The food was very good-we both had steak and Gabe also had some lobster. It's a little expensive, but the food was worth it. And when you eat there, you support the local farms-they buy all of their food fresh from local farms daily. Their menu changes daily based on what they have fresh which is pretty cool.

After dinner, we headed to the Auditorium Theater to see Wicked.

Neither of us had seen it before and I had heard nothing but rave reviews. When tickets went on sale back in March, I bought them right away. The story is the prequel to The Wizard of Oz and it's a somewhat complex story. I'm not going to give away too many details because I don't want to ruin it for anyone. If you get a chance to see it, I highly suggest it!

The only pitfall was that it was in the 80's here yesterday and the theater had no air conditioning! We were up in the balcony and roasted! It was pretty hot-I can't imagine how the actors handled it....ugh!

Overall we had a great night-it's nice to get out and be baby-free every now and then! (and thanks Mom for babysitting!)

No comments: