Friday, May 14, 2010

Felt Good.....

Yesterday was a pretty uneventful day at work. Both doctors were out in the afternoon so I had the option of leaving early. I had some things at work I wanted to get done so I stayed until about 3pm. I was going to get Avery, but realized she'd still be napping then. So I decided to go to the gym for a quick workout. I'm obsessed with taking classes-that's pretty much all I do. Unfortunately they didn't have any going at the time I went so I just went to do some cardio. The last time I did that????

When I was pregnant.....yeah.

Some time in my pregnancy I couldn't do my usual cardio (elliptical/treadmill)-I think I would push myself too hard and get light headed and not feel well. So that was when I switched to doing all classes (and loved that!). After I had Avery, my gym schedule has been cut-I used to go 3-4 times a week and now I maybe go once. So I would typically go for a class because I enjoyed it.

So yesterday I went and did 20min on the elliptical and 10min on the treadmill. I just did a short workout since I wanted to get home and see my baby as well. Let me tell ya-it felt pretty darn good getting back into my groove. Although today I have some shin splints/ankle splints that I didn't expect!

I just decided that I really need to get healthier with things. I have to find some new snacks for night time when I want something junky (like ice cream)---suggestions welcomed! I have to try and eat less at dinner and try to workout more if I can.

They have a daycare there but I feel guilty taking Avery to it so that I can workout. If she's awake, I want to be with her and spend time with her, not drop her off with strangers. I know it's important for me to workout so maybe it's something I have to do now and then with her. Who knows. I just know that I want to start looking and feeling better about myself. I'm back to my pre-Avery weight, but things just don't look how they used to.....

No comments: