Monday, December 13, 2010

Start Spreading the News....

I'm leaving today!

Well, yesterday actually!

There was a little snafu with us getting home from NYC. Our flight was supposed to be at 1pm yesterday and we found out around 9pm Saturday night that our flight was cancelled! Luckily Gabe has an Iphone so he gets his emails right away (otherwise we would have been screwed) so he called as soon as we got the email. We found out there were 2 other flights they could put us at 9am and one at 8pm. We opted for the later one so that we didn't have to wake up and get Avery up at the crack of dawn to make it to the airport on time. So, we had another day to spend in the city, which was a nice surprise....


we woke up to it pouring rain outside!

We ended up lounging around in the room until about noon trying to figure out what to do-it's hard getting anywhere without being outside.

While deciding, I realized I never took any pics of our room.

Here's the living area (AKA Avery's room):

And our room: (we luckily were able to get a suite so we didn't have to be in one room, which would have made it hard for her to go to bed)

Around noon we decided to head somewhere to eat. A coworker of mine suggested a place called Jackson Hole, so we thought we'd try it out. Avery and Gabe ready to eat!
Let's just say we were not disappointed! My coworker said they have "burgers the size of your head"....well, whaddya think??

That was Gabe's burger-mine was just as big-I swear it was one of the best I've ever had! So yummy!

After lunch we stopped back at the hotel to get the stroller then did some walking up Broadway. Avery fell asleep along our walk again and we actually had to wake her up to get on the subway to go to the airport!

Our flight was at 8pm, but we got delayed so we didn't take off until around 8:45 or so. By the time we got our luggage and got home, it was close to 10:30...and Avery didn't fall asleep the entire way home! So it was a late night for all of us and we were up bright and early today for work.

But it was worth it! My first trip there was a lot of fun and I'd love to go back. I feel like we didn't see everything...we never saw Central Park or the statue of even for those I'd like to go back someday.

I will say I never expected the city to be so's HUGE! To think you can take a 45min subway ride and still be within the city is just crazy to me! The subway system is incredible-whomever designed the city and railways is a genius! The one subway stop we were at was like 3 or 4 levels/floors of tracks-just insane! And I couldn't get over the amount of people there. Every street corner had hundreds of people waiting to cross with you. And the stores were a mob scene. I have no idea how people accomplish any shopping with that many people in your way.

The one thing that disappointed me was that it is very handicap/stroller unfriendly. The subway was very difficult with the stroller-going up/down 4 flights of stairs is a real hassle. Some stores had no elevators but were multiple Avery was stuck on the main floor. Some restaurants/cafes didn't allow strollers so we couldn't go in them. I wish that were a little made parts of the trip a pain in the rear.

Overall I think we all had a great time!

No comments: