Saturday, March 26, 2011

Went to The Diva!

I did a "first" for me today.... I had my eyebrows done! I'll start by saying that I've had a unibrow since I was born (yeah I'm a lucky one-and so is Avery!). I took matters into my own hands and have been plucking them on my own since probably high school. I don't think I did too bad (see my pic at the top of my blog).... So I've always wondered how they would look if a "pro" did them. Sometimes I felt like the shape wasn't quite right or maybe I tweezed one too many hairs. And so the torture began. I had to let them grow for 5 weeks. Yes, 5 WEEKS! For someone who plucks their own brows, and has done so almost daily (yes they grow that much!) for the past 20 years, this was the ultimate test! But I did it!! I tried to get some good photos-and I took some, but they're not SUPER. It's the best I could do! So, here is my before shot: The unibrow area:
My right eye:
And left:
Another before shot:
I knew right away where I wanted to go. Most likely the most well known place in this area, The Brow Diva.


I made my appt with Ryan and he did a great job. First, they waxed my brows...I've never had wax done anywhere on my body, so I was a little nervous...but it wasn't too bad. Then, they plucked some stray hairs and trimmed some hairs as well. My brows are (luckily) pretty full, so they didn't need to do much else with them. He did put some brow powder on them to show me how they would look filled in with it.


So, here's my after shots!

No more unibrow!
Right eye:
Left eye:
I think they turned out great! Ryan told me I was doing a great job with the shape of my brows, which was nice to hear. Most people go back every 3-6 weeks to keep their brows maintained. I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep the shape of them on my own, but if they get too unruly again, I'd definitely go back there for a clean up!

No comments: