Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day Weekend

We had a very nice Daddy's Day weekend.

On Saturday, Avery and I went to Buffalo for the day. First, we met my Dad for lunch at Famous Dave's BBQ which was very good.

Then we went to my Mom's house and hung out. My friend, Renee, stopped by for a few hours. When she left, we had dinner then went to my Mom's friend's house for a short visit. I brought my camera, but only took this one picture of Avery wearing my Mom's rosary (haha!): On Father's Day, we woke up and I made us chocolate chip waffles for breakfast. Avery and I played outside while Gabe cleaned out his car a bit. When she napped, Gabe went grocery shopping and I got cleaned up. When the princess woke up, we went to his parents' house for dinner. Avery and Owen had a blast playing with the covered wagon!!









Love how Avery is peeking out of the side trying to see the dog down the street:


She of course thought she was Hercules and could pull the wagon...she did ok when it was empty, but if someone got in, it was too heavy!



We left there around 8 and on the way home, Avery kept saying "pee pee on the potty" and "diaper off". Now I'll mention that we've had the potty seat out for a few weeks and she has very little interest in it. She has more fun taking the thing apart and playing with it than she does sitting on it. The few times she has sat on it, she sits for 2 seconds and then says "all done". So we get home and she beelines to the potty seat. Gabe strips her down and she sits. (In the meantime, I'm unloading things in the other room). Apparently she had some toots, and then I hear Gabe say "you're going! you're peeing!" Sure enough, she peed on the potty for the first time!



Happy Father's Day!!

No comments: