Monday, June 13, 2011

S'mores Bars

I have no idea where I got this recipe from. It's been in my book for awhile, but I've never made it until this past weekend. We had to bring a dessert to our new neighborhood block party and I thought these would be good since they would have to sit outside all evening.

S'mores Bars
1 package of sugar cookie mix
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 cup butter, melted (2 sticks)
3 cups milk chocolate chips
4 1/2 cups mini marshmallows

1. Preheat oven to 375
2. In a bowl, combine cookie mix, graham cracker crumbs, and butter until a soft dough forms. Press into a 9x13" pan. Bake 18-20mins or until set.
3. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle on chocolate chips. Let sit 3-5mins or until melty. Spread over crust.
4. Top with marshmallows and broil until lightly browned.
5. Serve warm if possible



These turned out very good! I will say that it is a lot of chocolate chips-its almost 2 bags, which is a lot. I think you could get away with one bag and it would be plenty. I also baked mine too long-after 20min, the bars didn't look "set" to me so I baked them an extra few minutes and I think it was too long. When they cooled, they were very hard to cut (although not hard to bite into). We didn't serve them warmed, but they were still good. With my leftovers, I microwaved them about 10sec and they were fabulous-nice and gooey like a S'mores! And of course I love that this recipe is super easy! Definitely will make them again!

No comments: