Wednesday, August 24, 2011

18 Weeks-baby #2

Today I'm now 18 weeks along with baby #2!

How I'm feeling/sleeping: I'm getting there. I stopped my unisom about a week ago because I started having bad allergies/sinus problems. So instead of the unisom, I started taking my Zyrtec at night. I've been taking the Zyrtec on and off for the past week and for the most part have felt ok. I did have one bad nauseous moment the other day but it only lasted maybe a half hour and then I felt ok. As far as sleep goes, it's on and off. With my allegy/cold/sinus thing I can't breathe really well so that makes sleeping difficult in itself. I've had good nights and bad nights.

Appointments/events: I had my appt last week. I'm up a total of 6lbs so far which is exactly how much I gained with Avery at this point too. Everything looked well and we heard the heartbeat which is always nice. I talked to the doctor a lot about having a repeat c-section versus trying a VBAC this time....it's a very hard decision for me to make.

Cravings/Aversions: Food has started sounding more appealing to me finally, but no cravings or aversions really. Some things still aren't very appealing (oatmeal, peanut butter) and I've still been reaching for saltier things. Or if I have something sweet, I like something salty along with it (pretzels dipped in nutella like I'm eating at this moment).

Movement: I've definitely felt some flutters! I think it started about a week ago and it's usually once or twice a day that I feel it. Love it!!

Avery's thoughts: She pretty much says hi to the baby everyday. Sometimes we prompt her "Avery did you say hi to baby today?" and sometimes she does it on her own. It's so cute! The other day she came up to me and said "give baby hug" and she pulled up my shirt and hugged my stomach. Too cute!

I'm still not in maternity clothes (shocker!!) but I know it'll be very soon. Luckily I haven't had to dress up for work lately because I know my dress pants won't be fitting me anytime soon! I have one pair of shorts that I can get in to and the others are getting very, very snug.

Here's my photo from today (left, bottom) and with Avery at 19wks (right, top):




















No comments: