Saturday, July 3, 2010

Corn Bread Muffins

We have a family reunion to attend tomorrow for Gabe's family and we're asked to bring both a side dish and a dessert. So I'm trying two new recipes that I'll share for them. Stupid me forgot to take pictures though so I apologize!

My side dish I'm making are corn bread muffins. My Mother-in-Law made it as corn bread, but I thought I'd try doing muffins just so we didn't have to go through the hassle of cutting up bread with all of those people. They turned out very good and are super duper easy!

Corn Bread Muffins
2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix (8.5oz each)
1 (8.5oz) can creamed corn
2 eggs
1/2 cup plain yogurt (I used a full 6oz container)
2 oz shredded cheese (I used a mexican blend)
1/4 cup milk


Combine all ingredients and mix well. Pour into muffin pans (either lightly greased or use cupcake liners) and fill about 2/3 full (I used about 1/4 cup of batter for each) and bake at 400 for 17mins. For me, this made about 18 muffins.

*This can also be made in a lightly greased 9x13" pan and baked for 17-20mins. if you prefer bread instead of muffins.

No comments: