Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Return of the Lunch Walk

Stepping out into the fresh air...

My lungs being cleansed of stale air conditioned air....

The sun warming my skin....

Birds chirping, the sounds of crickets, the constant "hum" of the thruway traffic in the background....

The feel of the pavement under my feet....

My mind wandering as it pleases...

Can you feel it?!

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.....it's time to walk!

This week I started walking during lunch again. Before I had Avery I tried walking a few times a week during my lunch break as my schedule allowed. Usually a coworker and I would go and "do a few laps" outside. Back in October, she was let go from our workplace. I was also pumping during my lunch break so my walk time just wasn't there.

I stopped pumping at work a few weeks ago so my lunch time is a little more "free" now. Our schedule doesn't always allow me the time to walk, but when it does, I've been trying to take advantage of it. This week we were slower than usual so I went out and walked every day I worked. It was fabulous. I went for roughly a half hour each day and just cleared my mind and got some exercise at the same time. I loved every second of it! When you're in an office with the flourescent lighting and AC pumping all day, it's refreshing to get outside and breathe fresh air and feel the warmth of the sun. Lord knows we don't get that kind of weather all year around these parts so you really have to take advantage and enjoy it when you can.

I've been taking advantage.

And I've really been enjoying it!

No comments: