Wednesday, September 21, 2011

22 Weeks-Baby #2

How I'm feeling/sleeping: Doing pretty well. My back is still bothersome overnight and of course I'm up to pee 1-2 times so my sleep is pretty broken up at this point. Still having some mild sweeling of my ankles on some days.

Appointments/events: I had my monthly appt last week. Gained 2lbs since my last appt (for a total of 8lbs so far). Everything was good-urine tested fine, blood pressure low, heartbeat was fine. Talked with another OB about my repeat c-section vs. VBAC....still undecided as to what to do. I have now met with 3 out of 4 docs-2 of them (one of which is my doc) were very laid back and basically said it's up to me. The 3rd was leaning more towards a repeat c-section. So who knows. I also had my "big" ultrasound that day. We got to see the baby in all it's glory-well except that we didn't find out the gender! The heartbeat was high-I think in the 160's if I remember correctly. I do have to go back for another ultrasound next week because they couldn't measure the vertebrae because of the baby's position. And so far, the baby is breech...but I know that can change.


Cravings/Aversions: Still not inclined to eat oatmeal or peanut butter but everything else is fair game. I feel like I've been a pig lately-some days no matter how much I eat I'm still starving!

Movement: Yes! Still several times a day and still unpredictable. Gabe finally felt the baby move yesterday which is way later than he did with Avery (by a good month!). I tried having him feel it numerous times and as soon as he put his hand on my stomach, the baby stopped moving.


Avery's thoughts: Nothing new-she had the baby blow a whistle yesterday which was funny! She made me pull up my shirt and she put the whistle up to my belly! Cracks me up! Today she came up to me and said "Let me see that tummy" and pulled up my shirt-then said "Hi baby!"

I'm officially converted to all maternity clothes now...finally sucked it up and put them on.

Here are some pics-the one in the light pink shirt (left) is me at 23wks with Avery and the white shirt is today!



No comments: