Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Potty Training-Day 3

Sunday was day 3 of potty training.

Avery woke up again asking to wear her underwear and as excited as could be. She walks around a lot now saying "I went pee pee on the potty" and "I want a treat!" Kid cracks me up!

It took her awhile before she went again-I think it was around 11am or so. She was playing in our family room and all of a sudden said "pee pee" and ran into the bathroom!! I quickly followed her in there and sure enough, she peed on the potty!

About a half hour later, she was still in our family room and Gabe heard her say "poopy" so he quickly ran to her and got her on the toilet as fast as he could. And surprisingly, she did a poop on the potty! I couldn't believe it! And as an FYI her poop reward was a piece of a cookie-we had to up the ante for that!

Gabe's parents invited us over for dinner Sunday night and I was skeptical about going-I didn't want to break the "don't leave your house" rule and I knew my nephew and neice would be there so I was a little nervous. But...we haven't been to their house for dinner since July 4th (ususally it's a weekly event!) so we decided to go. Besides, I was getting ready to be out of the house a bit!

So we went over there and she wore her underwear in the car and did great! She was playing a lot and having a great time! We were sitting at the table either finishing dinner or something and she ran by saying "pee pee on the potty" so I ran and took her in the bathroom. Sure enough, she peed on their potty! She stayed in her undies on the ride home and did just fine then as well! I can't say enough how proud we are of her!!

I have to say that day 3 was pretty great-no accidents at all! I am doing one more day since Friday was only a half day in undies....so it's my 3 1/2-4 day plan!

No comments: