Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Down To One...

We are officially down to one nursing session a day!

Since around Avery's birthday, we've been doing 2 a day-once first thing in the morning and once at bedtime. Last week, I had to work Mon-Thurs and on days I work, I don't nurse her in the morning. Instead, I pump and Gabe would give her a bottle/sippy cup of milk when she woke up. Since I had to work 4 days in a row (then had 4 days off), I figured she'd be in the routine of not nursing. So when Friday (my first day off) came, I didn't nurse her. If she had asked for it, I would have. To my surprise, she didn't ask for it!

And that continued all weekend! So since Friday, we've only been nursing at bedtime. And the best part? No more pumping on my work days in the morning!

So today.....today I got to sleep in an extra 20 minutes! It was nice!

I'm not sure how I'll work the night time feeding. I know it'll be the hardest one to break. Part of me wants to let her self-wean, but that could seriously take forever. I might wait a few weeks and see what happens and I'll have to figure out a new bedtime routine if I decide to cut out the last session.

So, we'll see how it goes! It's hard to believe I'm only down to once a day though!

No comments: