Thursday, August 19, 2010

Silence

I haven't had a full day home alone since Avery was born.

Until today.

Granted, it's not the best circumstances since I'm home sick. I'm supposed to be working, but per doctor's orders I'm home until Monday.

So it's not like I'm enjoying my "free" day home. I've been in bed all day long (although I just showered to feel somewhat "normal"). I brought my laptop upstairs to occupy me. We don't even have a TV in our room, so it's been a quiet, uneventful day (except that our house is being worked on at the moment so I'm not truly home alone).

I have to admit it's weird.

I'm not used to the silence anymore.

I'm used to the pitter-patter of tiny feet on the hardwoods. The noises of her toys. The sounds of her excitement when she's playing.

It's weird not having any of that today.

I'm actually looking forward to them coming home tonight so my silence is broken!

No comments: