Monday, August 30, 2010

Yummy Oreo Dessert

We had our annual block party over the weekend and I chose to make a dessert (big shock!).

When we went to our family reunion in Auburn this summer, there was this oreo dessert that was so, SO yummy. I had no idea who made it (there were 50+ people there) so I didn't bother trying to hunt for a recipe. Instead, I decided to try Google and see what it gave me. I found this which is pretty darn close, if not the same dessert. I'm warning-it's good, really good!

Oreo Dessert
18oz oreos, crushed (I used my food processor)
1 stick butter, melted
16oz cool whip
8 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 pkg (3.5oz) instant chocolate pudding mix
2 cups milk
1 can (13.5oz) sweetened condensed milk

Pour Oreo crumbs into 9x13" pan (reserve some for topping). Drizzle melted butter over Oreo crumbs.

Beat 1/2 of the cool whip, cream cheese, and powdered sugar until combined. Spread over oreo layer.

Beat pudding mix and both milks until thick (about 2-3mins). Pour into pan.

Spread remaining cool whip on top and sprinkle with reserved Oreo crumbs.





Notes-next time I might refrigerate the crust for a little bit before spreading the next layer on-the crumbs had a tendency to lift and get mixed into the white layer. Not that it's a huge deal, but it might make it easier. After pouring the pudding layer on, I also refrigerated it for about 20mins to let it set a little bit before spreading on the cool whip. It seemed too liquidy to be able to spread the cool whip without making a mess. Popping it in the fridge definitely helped! I also reserved too many crumbs for the top-I have no idea how much I saved (I didn't measure), but it was way too much!

We took this to our block party and then we took the leftovers to my in-laws for our dinner yesterday. Everyone really liked this dessert-it was a big hit so I'll be making it again for sure!

1 comment:

Molly said...

oh good. i was either going to ask you for it or google it too!