Friday, July 3, 2009

Adjusting to Home

We've been spending the past few days getting adjusted to being home. Gabe took the week off of work which has been a big help since I am still limited at what I can do at this point. I think we have a good routine going so far. The hardest part for me has been getting used to less sleep. Surprisingly, I don't feel too tired during the day really. I guess my body is just running on something! I'm sure it'll catch up to me at some point, but hasn't yet. I know I should nap when the baby does, but it's so hard when you have other things you'd rather be doing.

Anyways, these are just some pics I took this week as we got settled into our new life with Avery.
Here's Jerri being nosy-Avery was sleeping in her pack-n-play and Jerri decided to check on her:

When my friend Megan came to see us in the hospital, she got us this cute gift. They are stickers you put on an outfit that say how many months the baby is. They go from 0-12 months. It's such a cute idea so you can see how the baby grows each month. So I dressed up Avery and slapped on her sticker. I decided to put her in the glider with a stuffed giraffe. I'll probably do this for each photo so you can see how much she has grown compared to the glider and giraffe. Here are her first pics with the stickers:


Gabe and his Dad are big Yankees fans and so are my cousins. For a gift, they gave us a cute girlie Yankees outfit. We put Avery in it when his friends Randy and Cordell came by so I had to take a pic:

Avery napping with Daddy:

Kisses from Mommy:

Some tummy time:

Avery's first bath at home-she hated every second of it! She also christened the tub with both poop and pee!


Tomorrow is the 4th of July. Gabe's family does a huge reunion each year in Auburn and it falls on the holiday this year. We won't be going since we don't want to expose the baby to 50+ people when she's only a week old. So it'll be a quiet day at home-just us and the baby. We'll probably grill out for dinner and that's about it. Nice and relaxing!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ADORABLE!!

Unknown said...

Do you know where they purchased the growth stickers? I love them & woudl love to have them for our little one!

Nicole said...

It looks like she got them through pickysticky.com