Saturday, July 18, 2009

My Idea of Heaven

Last night was our first family outing. A local restaurant, Phillips European, which is well known for its desserts was having a special for the month of July. You pay $9.99 and get all you can eat dessert. Well, if you know me and know how much I love sweets, this was right up my alley. So of course when I heard about it, I decided we had to go. So for our first family outing, that's where we went! And it was nice to get out of the house!!

Gabe and I each had a salad for our dinner-he also had a cup of soup. Then it was dessert time. They started you off with 3 half slices of any dessert off of the menu. After that, they bring you one half slice at a time until you can't eat anymore. Gabe started out with apple pie, peanut butter torte, and berry cheesecake. I started with carrot cake, peanut butter torte, and chocolate chip walnut pie. They were all very good. Gabe's next selection was a cookie sundae and I went for the Viennese Meringue torte-this was very good. The cake was made with meringue so it sort of melted in your mouth. Then it had a layer of a whipped cream and strawberry filling. It was yummy. I was the pig of the group and after that had a cookie sundae as well. There were a few other things I would have liked to have tried instead (cheesecakes, chocolate things, etc) but I thought they would be too rich and make me sick. In my first round, the peanut butter torte and chocolate chip/walnut pie were both pretty rich and after eating them I wasn't sure how much more I could handle so my other choices after that were "lighter" desserts I guess you could say.

Avery was great the entire time-she was awake for half of the time then fell asleep. For her first real outing, she couldn't have been better! So yes, this outing was my little slice of heaven!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness....it is only 6am & I want dessert now!